Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I tried to help her. And all i got was public humiliation.

Just 15 days back, i was going with my wife when i saw this woman...and i had seen her many times earlier just roaming around aimlessly in my area. So i stopped and yes, my wife was with me...behen, are you in some problem? tamne koi problem che? ( i spoke in gujarati because just seeing the way she had draped her saree, i could make out out that she is a gujarati woman. My wife was in a rush...so she moved on.....i sat with this lady- aged about 50-55 years. She started crying like a baby....and said she has been thrown out of her house..her own kids have debarred her from her property etc..and left her on the road. I gave her my number...my address...and told her...and that please...don't worry. Maybe i can not help you directly but i will find ways to settle your issues. I am blessed with a lot of contacts, i said. Next day, i met Lady Inspector PSI Yenare- and related the case history to her. She, being a woman was more than willing to help. Said- bring that woman to the police station and we will do our best. Our area police station too, is headed by a woman- Sangeeta Alphonso, an awesome woman who is connected to many social initiatives. Ok, after a few days i saw this roaming lady again.....and i stopped her..with a tap on her shoulder. Behen, ( i spoke in gujarati) , i have spoken to some officials here...and if you are fine right now, we can go to Nerul police station, New Bombay.

ANTI CLIMAX: The lady glared at me....and started shouting and screaming loudly. Ghar pe maa behen nahi hai kya? She removed her chappal to hit me on my face. A crowd of almost 500-700 people in my area collected around. She was raining abuses on me. 1) Tune mere husband ka murder kiya. 2) Teri vajah se mera sagar darshan towers mein job gaya 3) Teri vajah se i am on the road.

Now, since the local sabjiwala, panwala etc know me.....they just intervened and just told me- to move ahead. Bhago yahan se......

It's only the next day, after speaking and meeting my local veggie guys, panwala, etc that i came to know that the woman is mentally imbalanced. And she has launched attacks on many people and humiliated many people ......

Yes, it is a fact..that i was too ashamed that night when this happened.

All because- all i wanted to do was help a little bit, in my way.

And this woman--------she humiliated me in a very very dirty way.....right in front of a 1000 people.

Hey.....but then......can't help it.

I can't stop stopping to help. In my little ways.

Jai hind. vande mataram.

No comments: